Invention Resources in Hawaii
The first Inventor's Pizza was held on 3 May 1995 at Manoa Innovation Center, Dale Mullins, presiding. Meets first Wednesday of every month?
For more info, ask about it at the Electronic Pizza which meets next on Tuesday, November 14, 1995 and the Manoa Innovation Center. Electronic Pizza meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month.
There is also Cyber Pizza, which meets on the first Tuesday of every month, the next meeting being November 7, 1995.
The Hawaii State Library, 478 S. King Street, (Tel: 586-3500, main branch) is a USPTO Depository. Complete records to all patents from 1976 to the present are available on microfilm in the Federal Documents room, (Tel: 586-3477). Facilities include a CDROM for patent searching and a microfilm reader/printer.
Hawaii Inventor's Council
George KC Lee, President
These are some books on my personal bookshelf and also at the Hawaii State Library.
- Adams, J. L. (1976). Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas, 2nd Ed. New York: Norton & Co. (later edition is available)
- Brown, K. A. (1988). Inventors at Work. Redmond, WA: Microsoft Press.
- Gordon, J. J. (1961). Synectics: The Development of Creative Capacity. New York: Harper & Row.
- Landis, J. L. (1974). Mechanics of Patent Claim Drafting. New York: Practising Law Institute.
- MacCracken, C. D. (1983). A Handbook for Inventors. New York: Scribners & Sons.
- Petroski, H. (1992). The Evolution of Useful Things New York: Random House.
- PTO (1976). Patent Laws. Washington, DC: US Govt. Printing Office. (later edition is available)
- Samuels, J. M. (1987). Patent and Trademark Laws. Washington, DC: Bureau of National Affairs.
- Wiener, N. (1993). Invention: The Care and Feeding of Ideas. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Last updated 3 November 1995
Copyright © 1995 by Duen Hsi Yen, All rights reserved.
Back to index